BBLeap is looking for a backend developer
This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with an incredible team to operationalize extraordinary, world-changing new technologies.
We’re seeking a Backend Developer, with 3+ years’ experience writing Backend applications in Python in FastAPI (or other restful API Framework). You will be responsible for implementing all backend software, including backend applications, serverless functions, and any other code (post-processing tasks).
Team location: Rijen, the Netherlands + working from home.
BBLeap is on the verge of becoming a global player in providing innovative farming technology. The company was established by Peter Millenaar and Martijn van Alphen in 2019. The motivation to found BBLeap is the vision that current agricultural practice can be much more sustainable and effective. Nature is rich in variation and by using its variation we can create the leap in agriculture and start Farming On Plant Level.
We have an immediate opening for a Backend developer to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, you will work closely with other specialists and suppliers to bring our technology into the farming world.
You will be responsible for implementing all backend software, including backend applications, serverless functions and any other code (post processing tasks).
- 3+ years of experience writing Backend applications using Python and FastAPI (Rest Framework) or related frameworks, e.g. Flask, Django, or similar
- ORM – SQLAlchemy or similar
- Python Unit Testing frameworks and TDD practices
- Cloud Infrastructure, ideally AWS
- Experience in integrating backend apps with 3rd party services
- NoSQL and other DB architectures
- Experience working at growing company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 2+ years of engineering experience or Master’s Degree in engineering
Show courage | Think conceptual | Act reliable
Leap Culture – Work with us
At BBLeap an entrepreneurial spirit awaits you. Why wait for the work when you see it coming? You take responsibility and get started. The company culture is professional and informal. You work among a team of professionals around the globe. The way we work is lean, with no overload of lengthy meetings or ages to take a decision. We keep it up-tempo, are friendly and collaborative. You can expect your colleagues to be highly skilled, open-minded yet down to earth. It is a diverse and strongly motivated team because everyone at BBLeap believes that they contribute towards making the LEAP in agriculture happen.
Terms of employment
You can count on a versatile, dynamic, and varied job with the necessary responsibility in an enthusiastic team. Where we stimulate ownership. In addition, we offer you:
- A good, competitive salary
- Training opportunities, good guidance, and plenty of opportunities to develop yourself!
Take the challenge
Part of the application process is a code challenge. Dive into our world and the kind of challenges that we face. Get a grasp of what to expect during the actual job. This will give you and us insight into whether we are the perfect match indeed!
We are looking forward to your application! For questions, please get in touch with Chrissy Sarton our HR Business Partner at +31643392833 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re open to having a 30-minute digital cup of coffee together before you decide to apply. During this informal and explorative conversation, you get the chance to get to know the company and company culture. Give Chrissy a call or send a message.
* Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated because we fill this vacancy through our recruitment partner. Profiles and resumes sent unsolicited by agencies will be treated as the candidate’s direct application.
** Vacancy published on February 2024